Search This Blog

Sunday, May 6, 2012

African Mango Reduces Cholesterol & Suppresses Appetite?


According to a double blind study of more than 35 obese individuals, African Mango reduced bad cholesterol levels, while increasing good cholesterol in the participants. In addition, the individuals were kept on a normal caloric diet. The theory is, the soluble fiber content in the product slows digestion as well as sugar absorption. The fiber works by binding to bile acids that pass through the body. This allows the body to convert more “cholesterol into bile acids” thus reducing cholesterol levels. But the same benefits may be achieved by foods or products high in soluble fiber.

I personally have tried this product to see if it really works. After all, it’s also touted as an appetite suppressant and I was curious to see if it lived up to its claims before I shared the low down with friends and clients. The votes are in and I must say, it does suppress appetite when taken prior to a meal. The brand that I used was by Creative Bioscience, Irvingia Gabonensis African Mango Diet 1200. The label recommends that you take 2 capsules in the morning before breakfast with 8 oz of water. They also recommend that you drink plenty of water throughout the day. I personally used it twice a day around the times that I know I’m more likely to be snacky, which is morning to early afternoon. I did notice a difference in feeling fuller after a meal so I was less likely to eat extra.

African Mango 1200 does not contain stimulants, which is why I tried it. It can be purchased at your local health food store. Keep in mind; nothing takes the place of good nutrition and ask your doctor before starting any supplements.

You can visit Creative Bioscience website at www.creativebioscience.com

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m surely coming again to read these articles and blogs.
    African mango ingredients

    ReplyDelete
  3. African Mango is the fruit of the Irvingino tree. An African based Asian tree which produces fruit, which is very similar in taste, size, texture and appearance to regular mango Ricardo


    ReplyDelete