Search This Blog

Friday, November 11, 2011

Soldier’s Honor


This weeks blog is a tribute to my family, friends and all the men and women soldiers who have fought for our country. The poem I wrote below is titled, A Soldier’s Honor.

You fought your wars and gave your all to someone you’ve never known. Your metal of honor is your heart of courage and your faith in mankind and freedom is your drive and willingness to die. To trade your life for your sons and daughters, not mentioning mine. A purple heart represents your loyalty and your pledge to the flag. You honor this country with your willingness to fight and our freedom came with a heavy price. You blink once before battle and twice to shun your fears and still you walk with a brave heart of honor as you step foot into the battlefield. Sometimes thinking once about your family and twice about your life and often struggling with the thoughts of “will I ever come back?” But your heart of courage and soul made of brave crosses that battlefield knowing the price and yet you sign it with your life. My pledge to you dear solider is, I will honor my country and the freedoms you’ve paved, because of this, I will honor you and the life you gave.

No comments:

Post a Comment