Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Making Exercise A Priority

We recently added a new addition to our family, a puppy. Although he is quite adorable he brings back memories of being up late at night with my son when he was an infant. All those sleepless nights of crying and wanting to be feed and changed. Our puppy requires almost as much attention as an infant with exception to being crate trained. Last time I check, you couldn’t crate train a baby? Despite being a little sleep deprived and juggling life's daily task, I still manage to make myself a priority when it comes to exercise and good health. Koda (our new pup) is an opportunity for me to get some extra “activities of daily living” in. For example, my son and Koda both join in a game of chase around the living room and fetch outdoors, my dog of course, not my son. However, he helps to teach our new puppy what to do with the ball once he gets it. After about 20-30 minutes or so, everyone is pretty tired out enough to where we can all enjoy an afternoon cat nap or in my case a dog nap and a quick snooze on the couch and my son, well it takes hours to wear him out. Exercise is not just this chore that’s impossible to fit in, it’s a lifestyle and can take place at anytime and anywhere. It’s just up to you to make the effort to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment