Search This Blog

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Rewriting Your Priority List

This weeks blog is about reflecting back on yourself and where you are on your priority list. Too many times life's complexities, commitments, stresses and other issues get in the way of putting ourselves first. Some how we think neglecting ourselves and doing everything else is more important. "Putting the additional hours in at work will allow me to get further ahead." Or "I’ll exercise later once I finish...(you fill in the blank)." Or perhaps the weekend comes and there are too many things going on and it makes it difficult for you to keep up your workout routine. Or your thoughts maybe, "I’m under a lot of stress right now and as soon as things get better then I’ll start eating healthier and exercising." But the reality is things never really get perfectly better. We all know the excuses and have been there at one point or another. But I want you to take the time and reflect back on your reason or reasons why you don't put yourself at the top of your priority list? What are the pro’s and cons of putting you first and then considering what should be next on the list. From my own experience putting myself first always out weighted the cons. And from my personal history I am a workaholic by nature and some how I manage to find completeness in my busyness. However, if it were not for me getting up early every morning to have my time to exercise and eating healthy, I don’t think I would be able to juggle being a career woman a mother and have a complete family life that includes friends. Sometimes it seems as if my priority list continues to grow. But one things for sure and that is I will always be at the top of that list and everything else will follow. Because the reality is when our time is up here on earth those priorities that you put before you will still remain and the things that should have been at the top of your list will suffer the most. So in my opinion, you should be first on your priority list and then family, friends etc… Also keep in mind that spirituality is a part of you and should be at the top of your list as well. Because the two are one and that's what will make you whole. Some of the most amazing people who are a part of my life have taught me this from their own experiences and I've learned this on my own. So this coming week, rewrite your priority list making you number one;-).

1 comment: