Search This Blog

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Women Running Wild 5K (Special Thanks)






Today was Women Running Wild 5k charity run for breast cancer. First, I want to thank Geena Star and her friend Karen for their contribution to the team. Special thanks to Karen for raising $700 and $100 from Margaret Hosterman. Special thanks to Angela Sisson and Brianna for being a part of the team. I also want to thank all the other families and hubbies for coming down to support the wives. You ladies are amazing and are my inspiration! Overall there was a contribution of more than $700 that was donated to the Jody Kline Foundation for beast cancer.

It was one of those mornings where I did not feel like getting up, especially since it was still dark outside. But by the time I got down to Palm Springs, I felt a little better because there was not a cloud in the sky and overall it was a beautiful clear day with a 75-degree high by the time the race started. The most energizing thing was seeing all of my team members who were there to walk and run for a cause we all believe in. And I have to say; the energy that came off of all you ladies this morning was absolutely contagious. I was so happy to see Geena Star who is absolutely ageless since the last time I saw her. And my friends Angela and Brianna deserve first place for being the most fashionable to cross the finish line. I really loved your matching workout gear. Last but certainly not least, Mrs. Hosterman who is a ball of fire and vigor. You inspire women of all ages.

My goal today was not only to do this charity run but I also wanted to complete this little over 3 mile run at my best time. I accomplished that today by staying focus and allowing the energy around me to take root. This was not hard when your running with a group of people who are motivated to make a change against a disease that attacks many women. By staying motivated and allowing those around me to be an encouragement helped me cross the finish line with my best time ever. I am proud to say that I completed my run in a record time of 7 minutes and 2 second miles, finishing in 21 minutes and 49 seconds! I won 1st place for my age division and 6th place overall (out of 100 plus women). Thanks again to everyone who participated.

No comments:

Post a Comment