Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Coffee Has Many Uses


I’m always open to learning about new remedies, quick fixes… things to make life easier. I’m especially interested in ways to get multiple uses out of every day things you find in your house. This brings me to this week’s health blog. Today I read this article from one of my health publication titled Bottom Line. The article was titled “Coffee’s Many Uses.” To my surprise coffee has many uses besides just drinking it hot or iced. Coffee can be used to neutralize odor by absorbing the moisture of the bad smelling source and replacing it with the scent of coffee. This can be done by filling a cheesecloth with used coffee grounds that have been cooled. Just hang it where the source of foulness originates and…voila, the odor is neutralized! Also the scent of coffee beans can act as a stress buster by inducing a relaxation response. Coffee can also be an excellent skin exfoliate. I can personally vouch for this one. Mix 1 cup of ground coffee with ½ cup of sugar and a teaspoon of jojoba oil. Next, you apply the mixture to the areas of your body that you want to exfoliate. Then gently rub it in a circular motion. When your done just rinse and dry off.Coffee is also a source of minerals. In fact, it contains the minerals magnesium and chromium that can help the body utilize insulin.

No comments:

Post a Comment