Search This Blog

Friday, November 5, 2010

Accomplishments


Sometimes I like to share my accomplishments because others might relate. For example, I like to post on my Facebook Wall that I made a healthy recipe that turned out good. Eating healthy does not have to taste bad. Or if I did well on a test in a class that may have been challenging. It's hard to be an adult with a family and work, plus attend school and make time for exercise. I'm sure others can relate. I also enjoy running and use it as an outlet to not only stay healthy but relieve stress. Sometimes I'll even post that I made a running goal and accomplished it. Perhaps this will motivate others to do the same. Running was something that I always wanted to do but was unable to do when I was younger due to a medical condition. Today I consider myself very blessed to be able to run for such long distances without having too many problems with exception to some occasional knee pain, if I over do it. And for the most part this is corrected by me backing off and starting up again little by little. I also enjoy running 5k’s with my clients who want to take up the sport, run for a cause or train for a ½ marathon.


One of my biggest accomplishments was getting up the nerve and confidence to do a photo shoot. This past Spring I was very blessed to work with a very gifted photographer by the name of Rowena Curtis. My goal was to put together some new marketing material for my business and I got the idea to get professional pictures taken by an old coworker I use to work with who now works in the same industry. I was nervous about getting pictures because I never thought of myself as the model type. If anything I’m a tomboy at heart. Long story short, I came across Rowena’s work and loved it. And I didn’t hesitate to make an appointment for a consultation. The day of the consultation when I met Rowena I knew I wanted to work with her. Rowena has a good heart and took pride in her work and described her photography as “artwork,"I agree. Although there was a set back before the actual shoot, which she was so kindly ready to refer me to someone else, I waited until she was able to do the shoot. I was glad I did. I’m a mom, a college student, a wife and a business owner with a crazy busy life. And sometimes I think we all forget we are human beings and not robots, we are God’s masterpiece’s. Rowena’s work reminded me that I am a masterpiece even though I may not feel or look like it all the time =).


You can view the full photo shoot slide show by visiting http://www.rowenacurtis.com/
and click on "ENTER NEW BLOG."

No comments:

Post a Comment