Search This Blog

Saturday, April 3, 2010

My Experiece of Feeling High



Once upon a time, I could spend an hour moving iron and afterward I would experience psychological euphoria but even then, it was short lived. I heard from dedicated addicts that there is a “zone” where this feeling of calm and pain exists, intertwined with pleasure and exhaustion with the strange need of wanting more. I wanted desperately to experience calm and tranquility to carry me through my day that can be riddled with predictability and unpredictability. I told myself, it’s important that you do this at dawn when the streets are bare and only a few dedicated ones are relishing in the high. This high for me was not achieved at 3 nor the 5 mark. I went further by going 7 then 8 and 9. This need to know and feel “high” kept driving me. Then 10 and 11, at this point I felt something that lasted for a few hours but I wanted more. I wanted to achieve this high that I heard and read about that lasted all day.

Finally, I went 13 miles going up hills and down and at the very end that last hill required the most from me but ending at 1:18 minutes with my heart rate almost reaching its 90% zone putting me at the ultimate, known as “runners high.” Believe me when I say, there is a natural drug that can make you high and for me running gives me the feeling of achievement, calmness, pleasure, peace, good health, confidence, freedom and self esteem. You don’t have to be a runner to experience all the feelings I listed, however you do need to be driven to want something better for your health and realize that you are your best investment spiritually and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment